The International ShakeOut drill may have concluded, but it’s not too late to practice your own drill if you missed it.
And it’s never too late to begin considering your plan for next year’s drill. Check out this webinar recording hosted by Earthquake Country Alliance and FEMA Regions 9 and 10, in which guest experts present:
- Simple tips on how to plan your drill.
- Stories from panelists about what they learned from personal earthquake experiences.
- An overview about earthquake hazards nationwide.
- Alternative guidance to “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” (and other accessibility adaptations).
- Other ways to improve earthquake safety.
Take advantage of the attention that ShakeOut focused on the earthquake hazard by promoting other preparedness and resilience steps, from basics like a home hazard hunt, to planning for recovery: